Updated: Jan 28, 2019
(In No Particular Order)
1. Acne Pimple Master Patch by COSRX • This is my absolute favorite skincare product of ALL TIME. • It comes with a pack of different size patches that you can stick on a pimple to help heal it. I found that when a pimple isn’t quite ready yet you can put one of these on over night and in the morning there will be a white head that is super easy to pop. (I know I know, don’t pop at home. But let’s be honest, you’re gonna do it anyway. I won’t tell anyone 🤫) • This is also amazing if you have recently popped a pimple. You can put one on and it literally sucks everything out and it can take a huge swollen pimple and make it flat in just a few hours. • They are semi clear and kind of blend in with your skin so you could probably wear them out or under makeup but I normally just wear them to bed or around the house. • The best part about them is that they don’t dry out your skin!!! This is a huge problem for me with any other spot treatments as my skin is naturally dry already. These guys somehow leave your skin moist with no hard patches or dry spots while still sucking out all the excess oils. • And for those of you that like to SEE what’s happening, it turns white when it’s sucked out all the gunk from your pimples. (Pimple popping addicts unite!) • Bottom line - If you haven’t tried these yet you are missing out. You can buy them in bulk on amazon 🙌🏽
2. Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence by CosRX • Man, that is a mouthful! But I usually just call it snail juice or snail jizz. Whatever you call it. This stuff works. You may notice mine is just about empty but don’t worry, I put it on my Christmas list 😉• First let’s talk about what snail mucin actually is. It’s a mucus that snails secrete. I watched a video a while back about an Italian guy who gets his snail mucin by creating a steam room for snails that essentially gives them such pleasure that they secrete their mucin. (Hence my earlier mentioned nickname. 😂) To be honest, I don’t know how COSRX harvests their nail mucin or if it is as pleasurable as that. I can only hope it is because I wouldn’t want any snails to be harmed. If anyone actually knows that, please leave it in the comments! • Now let’s talk about what it does for your skin. This stuff is insanely hydrating. You can use it alone if you’re not to dry but if you are like me and need a little extra you can use this under your regular moisturizer. I have seen a huge difference in the texture of my skin since starting this product. It holds moisture longer and I feel like it helps lock in the moisturizer I use with it. • The texture is a little sticky when you first put it on but it absorbs very quickly and if you are using it with a moisturizer it covers that up immediately. • Even if it is not from this company, I think anyone with dry skin should try snail 🐌 juice to bring back some moisture. You can also get this product on Amazon!
3. Glossier Solution • This stuff was kind of serious when it came out. After the first run of it blew up the reviews it was completely out of stock for a while when they tried to catch up. I went moths without using it after already falling in love with it because I just couldn’t get it. Now it is always in stock when I check but I buy two at a time, just in case. • So on the bottle it says “exfoliating skin perfector.” This is because this product is supposed to make your pores invisible. I bet you want to know if it does.. well the answer is yes, and no. • On my cheeks I can see my pores shrinking drastically and giving my skin a more even look. For this reason, I absolutely love this product and don’t plan to stop using it. However, I have to say that on my nose and my chin I always get blackheads and I haven’t seen this help that as much as I would hope. I have yet to find anything to really conquer them so I am more than open to suggestions! • Blackhead struggle aside, Solution is great. It also says on the bottle “ 10% AHA/BHA/PHA - Salicylic Acid -Acne Treatment” and I feel like that is apparent. It helps reduce breakouts for sure. I find salicylic acid to usually be too harsh but the combo of ingredients in this makes it much nicer than others. But to no ones surprise, it is drying! If you have dry skin I suggest using it sparingly. Either every other day or even once a week if it’s making you too dry. • My overall opinion is YES. If you are struggling with acne or large pores give this guy a try. Just make sure you use extra moisturizer 😉 Get it here!
4. POND'S Dry Skin Cream • Gimme alllll the moisture! This is the one product I have been using for YEARS. No matter what new moisturizer I try, nothing compares. I always come back to it and I probably won’t waste my money on another moisturizer ever again. This baby has proven itself worthy. LOL. Plus you can see mine is mostly gone due to daily use. • So the name of this moisturizer is POND’S Dry Skin Cream. It means what it says. I have super dry skin and this makes my face feel supple and moist. It even gives me a nice dewy glow. • What I really love about this is that you can get it at Target or CVS for super cheap. It also is surprisingly huge so it lasts forever. • Not much to say about POND’S Dry Skin Cream except for - it’s super super super moisturizing and smooth. Perfect for winter for those extra dry days. Go get yourself some. You won’t regret it. P.S. Try putting it over or mixing with CosRX Snail Mucin 🐌
5. Salicylic Acid 2% Solution by The Ordinary • This serum is great for someone struggling with acne. I put it on after my Glossier Solution and before my moisturizing products. • Because of my dry skin I try not to wear it every day and usually only at night. But sometimes if I am going through a break out I will use it day and night or every day. It definitely helps calm them down faster. • I used to get cystic acne pretty often and lately I get it much less. It is very rare and usually it is just one pimple at a time. I believe this contributes to keeping them at bay. • They have many different little serums that come in these bottles for all different things. I have several of them myself. I love that they’re super cheap. All of them range from around $5-$8. Like what?? You can get them in NYC at their store or online. • My skin will never be perfect because of genetics, hormones, stress, and the environment. But this sure helps me get as close as possible!
6. Mario Badescu Lip Balm • I am a chapstick addict. I can’t leave the house without double and triple checking that I have chapstick with me because I literally won’t make it though the day without it. I have tried so many different kinds and there are a few that stand out as my favorite ever. • I recently started using this Mario Badescu Lip Balm. It is my new all time fav. You only need a little tiny but for your lips to feel moisturized. The top is also an angled applicator which makes it easy to smear onto your lips. • I got this for $8 at Macy’s and it was worth every cent. However, Mario Badescu is an awesome company with so many different products for every skin type. I suggest spending some time on their website and picking out some goodies to try. You can comment with questions about their products because I have tried many of them and might be able to help. The cool thing about them is that when you make a purchase you also get to pick 3 free samples. Might be worth ordering this online instead of going to Macy’s. Either way, get this lip balm for winter and feel shiny and new again ✨
7. POND'S Cold Cream Cleanser • I just started using the Cold Cream Cleanser a couple weeks ago and so far I really like it. I knew it would be moisturizing because of how well the Dry Skin Cream works for me. I love washing with this because as you rinse it off you still feel like a layer of moisture that just feels like it’s hugging your face in the nicest most protective way. I know that sounds weird but trust me it’s so amazing. • I would suggest this to anyone who struggles with dry / sensitive skin or anyone who wants a little extra moisture in the winter. Not sure if I will continue to use this throughout the summer when my skin isn’t in such harsh conditions but we will see how it feels as time goes on. • I don’t wear makeup really but when I do wear lipstick I don’t have a makeup remover and I usually just use coconut oil. But according to their Instagram ( @ponds ) this stuff is magical. Check out the videos on their page. If I try it for that I will update! • Just like it’s counterpart, you can get this guy online or any local drugstore.
8. Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 by The Ordinary • Another product from one of my favorite companies, The Ordinary. Hyaluronic Acid! Anywhere you get hyaluronic acid it’s s great product but I especially love this one from the ordinary because it is super affordable. Everything I have ever gotten from there is under $10 and I usually buy two at a time for when I run out because I use it every day. • I use this morning and night after the Glossier solution or another toner and after the salicylic acid from the ordinary (usually that’s only at night and not every day). Then I follow this with CosRX Snail Mucin and my POND'S Dry Skin Cream. • Basically, I put this on after all of the more drying items and lock it in with moisturizer. There were some days when I just used this instead of moisturizer because it was so hydrating but I talked to one of the awesome ladies working at the NYC store and she said you need something on top of it to lock it in and it shouldn’t be used alone. So that’s why now it goes on under my moisturizers to give me an extra boost. • If your skin is oily you definitely don’t need all 3 like I do but keeping your skin hydrated has long lasting effects, like wrinkle prevention. If you have dry skin or your skin is thirsty try copping one of these and using it morning and night before moisturizer to see a big change in your skin. Get it here.
9. Mario Badescu Drying Cream • I’m obsessed with this sample size serving of Mario Badescu Drying Cream! I haven’t even needed to buy the full size because the tiniest little bit goes a long way. • You can put this on during the day and it will dry out your pimples. It suggests not to use more than twice on one spot because of how drying it is. It’s kind of a tan color so it blends in with my skin but I think it would be light for people with a darker complexion. • When you order from Mario Badescu they give you samples so you can choose this and be good on it for a while. I’ve been using this s lot lately and it’s been crying things up really quickly while covering up any redness. 10/10 would recommend 👌🏽
10. Glossier Balm Dotcom • This is one of my favorite possessions. • I’m huge on keeping my lips soft and moisturized but this product can be used on skin too. If you have a super dry spot you can use it there too! • Also the Birthday Balm Dotcom is pretty sparkly so you can use it on your cheeks for s total lewk. I don’t really wear face makeup but when I went to Lollapalooza I wanted some sparkles without having to use glitter or anything to extreme. It gave me a little shimmer without making a mess and it kept my cheeks moisturized and feeling great all day. • I think I might have all the flavors but if I had to choose I would say the coconut is my favorite. I am really grossed out by that artificial coconut scent so I was afraid to try it. When I went to the Glossier showroom I smelled it and was so happy it smells like actual coconut. Which is almost like a cookie scent. I have that in regular size and a mini I got during a promotion. • You absolutely need to try this and you can buy 3 at once using the trio they have on their website. Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite!